Choosing the right ecommerce platform is not a simple task since the market is flooded with a large number of solutions claiming to be the best retail ecommerce platforms in the world. We have tried and tested most of the platforms at some stage. A lot depends on your preferences on questions like ‘Would I prefer to self-host or use software-as-a-service?’ and ‘How much customization do I need to do?
Building an online business is more than just simply showcasing your product listings on the web. When it comes to choosing an ecommerce platform from a list of the best retail ecommerce platforms then you have to consider the following things:
- Growth: How quickly your business can grow?
- Operating Costs: Cost of building your ecommerce platform, ongoing development, and maintenance costs.
- Customer Engagement: How your consumers interact with your business.
- Objectives: Does it meet your goals?
An ecommerce platform is the integration of core business functions into a single solution to provide real-time data visibility throughout the organization. Today's ecommerce platforms have moved beyond the single purpose software that enables customers to simply buy products and services online.
An ecommerce platform offers great possibilities for retailers to manage their business with ease and comfort. Using the right ecommerce solution, a retailer can easily transform his offline business and bring it online. Retail ecommerce solutions enable your consumers to purchase from your website and mobile application.
HOW THE RIGHT E-COMMERCE PLATFORM MAKES LIFE EASY FOR A RETAILER
- A retailer may simply log in to his/her ecommerce platform and upload his/her products. Moreover, an enterprise retail brand with a vast variety of products may also utilize the bulk upload capability. Advanced product search filter helps the customers to find their required products in a short span of time.
- Besides adding and showcasing the products, a retailer can easily accept payments through Payment Gateways. All types of payment methods like Cash on delivery, Wallet, Paypal, etc. can be added as per the retailer's requirement which enables them to accept payments from different locations in different currencies.
- Most of the retail ecommerce solutions also include marketplace integration which enables a wider reach for retailers. Retailers can sell their products on the renowned marketplaces like Amazon, Flipkart, etc. along with their ecommerce website.
- A retailer may also handle his entire business through a mobile app further adding to his ease and comfort.
- A retailer can utilize the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) capability within his Ecommerce Platform to manage his customers and keep the client information updated all the time. It helps in Lead Management, Event Management, Task Management, Quotation, Ticketing, etc.
- All ecommerce solutions have the business analytics capability wherein the retailers can easily generate reports to periodically analyze the health of their business. It is a great tool to understand the customer's life cycle, buying intent, behavior, etc.
- A retailer may simply customize his ecommerce platform as per his ease and comfort levels. Customization of ecommerce software is a very powerful concept if used in the right manner. Here, the retailer would first need to convey his requirement clearly to get the right platform only then he can think of enjoying all the benefits.
- Retailers can make their processes shorter and reduce steps using retail ecommerce solutions.
- With your ecommerce platform in place, you also get quick data access whether you browse it on a desktop or a mobile phone.
- Retailers can create different recommendations, discounts, and offers for customers which results in consumer engagement and sales.
- Retailers can market and promote their business using the SEO Optimized Store, Newsletter Subscriptions, Social Media Integrations (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Retailers can share and promote their products, offers, sales through the social channel or by sending Weekly/Monthly newsletter.
With so many ecommerce solutions available in the market, a retailer may get confused. However, one should keep the above-mentioned basics in mind while opting for an ecommerce solution provider.